Difference Between Classified Advertising and e-commerce
Gone are the days when classified advertising costed a hefty sum. Now a days Classified advertising has changed the form from a common newspaper or a periodical to online and is distributed for free no charge.A Classified advertisement is much cheaper than any other form of advertisement like a display advertisement which are generally used by businesses.
Coming on to online classified advertisements, one may find lot of similarities between a e-commerce and classifieds. Take an example of a classified advertising website, it contains certain categories in the menu like cars, bike, fashion, services, mobiles & tablets, electronics etc addition to it you will have subcategories under main category. Thus we can typically say that an online classified advertisement is more or less a model to generate leads where a transaction between a buyer and a seller occurs through different modes via online, offline or in person directly, whereas in all other models of eCommerce involves all transactions online where a seller sells his goods to the buyer through a hosted site which is a online market place and charges a specified amount of money for the old good. So in a nutshell we can say that all e-commerce websites are classifieds.
Now the question is, generally how people understand the main differences between a classified advertisement website and an e-commerce website. In an eCommerce website, the “general” players are B2C also known as Business to consumers. where business means the sellers and Consumers mean the buyers. So here normally the seller is the admin, that means he is the only one who can post new items to sell. Whereas in Classifieds it’s not the same, here you will find many different sellers like B2B (Business to Business), B2C (Business to Consumer), C2C (Consumer to Consumer) or P2P (peer to peer). In classified advertising buyers and sellers can post there requirement, they can offer services or request for services, and its very simple, all you need to do is just signup and post your ad! Which in most of the cases is absolutely free.
Posting a classified advertisement involves the following steps
1) Selecting an Ad Category and Type of Ad to be posted (Seller or Buyer)
2) Write the Title of the Ad and Enter the Price
3) Description of your Ad, It is always better to write a good description will full detail so that the end customer understands your product/requirement without any hassle
4) Add photographs, its always better if you add photos to your add as it has been seen that ads with photos get almost 50% more responses than an ad without photos. So it is always advisable to add photos to your ad.
5) Finally you just need to enter your basic details like Name, Phone number, City etc so that your customer/targeted audience can contact you for negotiations etc. And lastly Post Free Classified Ads.
Because in classified advertising you will find all types of transactions like B2C, B2B etc so it is very useful for all kinds of businesses irrespective of being small or large to get